The 143,000-ton, 3,560-passenger Majestic Princess is among the largest cruise ships sailing the seas. The liner carries the Chinese name - Sheng Shigrave; Gong Zhu Hao on its hull, chosen by Carnival Corporation's Chinese employees. It is translated as “Grand World” (or “Grand Spirit”).
Signature features of sister-ships Regal and Royal include multiple dining venues; cantilevered SkyWalk; multi-story atrium; outdoor cinema Movies Under the Stars; adults-only Sanctuary complex. Tai Chi at sea, ballroom dancing, Chinese satellite TV channels and subtitled Hollywood movies are among the Chinese experiences of “Princess Class”, rolled out to the local cruise market.
Cruise itinerary program
Majestic Princess itinerary program is based on year-round cruises from China to Japan and South Korea with roundtrip departures from homeport Shanghai China.
In 2018, the ship had scheduled two 14-day Grand Asia cruises between Shanghai and Singapore. Available to both Chinese and international cruise tourists, these 2018 itineraries visit South Korea, Vietnam, Thailand and Japan, including a late night visit to Hong Kong. The first cruise departs Shanghai on February 25, the second departs Singapore on March 11.
- During season 2018-2019 (September 2018 through March 2019), the ship is homeported in Sydney Australia. This makes it the largest Princess Cruises vessel ever to operate on the Australia - New Zealand market. After the Asustralian deployment, the ship returns back to China.
- During the inaugural Australian season, Majestic Princess had scheduled a total of 16 cruises to South Pacific island destinations, including Fiji, New Zealand, Tasmania. There were also 2 repositioning cruises - southbound (Shanghai to Sydney NSW) and northbound (Sydney to Hong Kong).
- In 2018 (April through July), the ship was homeported in Taiwan (Keelung) to offer roundtrip 3- and 4-night short-breaks and longer itineraries to Japan and China.
- Following the Taiwan-based program, the liner returns to Shanghai China, then will be deployed in Australia for winter 2018-2019 (September 2018 through March 2019).
Most Majestic Princess staterooms are 220-230-sq.foot balcony rooms (1088). All outside staterooms (about 80% of all) have balconies, and many of them appeal to families with kids. There are a total of 1780 staterooms in 38 categories. 36 are the wheelchair accessible rooms. The largest aboard Majestic Princess are the Balcony Suites (440 ft2). The ship has no Oceanview cabins.
Shipboard dining options - Food and Drinks
There are many for-fee dining options onboard Majestic Princess, but guests who would rather not pay are offered enough quality and variety to satisfy. Those who prefer tradition, can choose between the three main dining rooms.
World Fresh Marketplace is the buffet option, providing a more casual vibe. Passengers who want to have lunch in their swimsuits can take a burger from Trident Grill or a slice at Prego Pizzeria. Indoors, Alfredo's features delicious calzones, salads and thin-crust pizza.
Majestic Princess boasts two new restaurant concepts, Harmony and La Mer. Harmony is a modern specialty restaurant with sophisticated Cantonese dinner menu by Michelin-star chef Richard Chen. La Mer offers authentic Parisian bistro experience with fine dining dinner menu featuring French cuisine by three Michelin-star chef Emmanuel Renaut. Together, the two venues present passengers with exceptional Chinese and French dining experiences.
In addition, Majestic Princess guests also have the chance to taste Gong Cha, Chinese-style bubble milk tea, Crown Grill authentic American steakhouse experience, Lobster Grill & Dim Sum Bar, along with Alfredo's with "The Best Pizza at Sea".
Follows the complete list of Majestic Princess restaurants and food bars.
- Sabatini’s Restaurant (Italian specialty restaurant, a la carte: offers 3-course Italian/seafood menu; open between 6 p.m. -11 p.m., reservations recommended)
- Dining Room (midship location; offers “Anytime Dining” for Dinner; with “Wine Cellar” area serving “Wine Maker’s Dinner” for $40, capacity 12 guests)
- Harmony (haute cuisine Cantonese restaurant, developed in partnership with Chef Richard Chen - Wynn Las Vegas' Wing Lei)
- Alfredo’s Pizzeria (121-seat; the largest complimentary pizzeria at sea)
- Dining Room (forward Dining Room; offers “Anytime Dining” 5:30 p.m. -10 p.m.; serves “Wine Maker’s Dinner” package for $40)
- Dining Room (aft Dining Room; offers formal dining and two fixed dinner seatings at 6 p.m. or 8:15 p.m.; “Chef’s Table” private dining for $115, 12 guests)
- Ocean Terrace (specialty seafood bar)
- Crown Grill (160-seat steakhouse/seafood restaurant, reservations recommended; on select days serves British Pub Lunch, complimentary)
- Trident Grill & Prego Pizzeria (self service, complimentary fast food bar)
- Calypso Cabana (food bar offering picnic baskets, desserts, champagne and wine packages)
- World Fresh Marketplace / The Court (self service buffet restaurant, complimentary; "East Meets West" street food counter is an addition to the buffet)
- Swirls Bar (icecream).
Shipboard entertainment options - Fun and Sport
The bulk of performance action takes place in Majestic's Princess Theater, situated on decks 6 and 7. The entertainment is excellent and varied, with a beat that is quite innovative. In addition to the production shows, the Princess theater hosts other acts including vocalists and instrumentalists.
Follows the complete list of Majestic Princess lounges, clubs and other entertainment venues for kids, teens and adults.
- The Piazza Atrium (3-deck open floor area; features live performances entertainment and lobby Bar Piazza)
- Princess Fine Arts Gallery; Photo Gallery & Shop; Limelight photo studio; Platinum Studio
- International Cafe (24-hour specialty coffee bar and patisserie)
- Vines Bar (wine/seafood/sushi bar)
- Gelato (the largest ice cream bar at sea)
- Library (with Internet stations); Internet Cafe (24-hour)
- Princess Majestic Theatre (2-level musical and show productions; hosts workshops, seminars, gameshows)
- Celebrations Shop; Calypso Cove Shop; Essence Shop; Meridian Bay Shop; Facets Shop
- Club 6 Disco & Bar; Churchill’s Lounge & Bar (cigar bar); Bellini’s Bar; Crooners Lounge & Bar; Princess Live Lounge; Vista Lounge; Concierge Lounge (Suite guests only); SkyLight Bar; Seaview Bar
- Princess Majestic Casino
- Wheelhouse Bar (piano bar during the day and an English pub nightly)
- Lotus Spa complex; Beauty Salon; Fitness Center (with Aerobics Studio)
- Wedding Chapel
- Movies Under the Stars (LED screen outdoor cinema)
- The Game Lounge (Video Games Arcade); Teen Center; Youth Center; Remix Disco & Lounge (teen club)
- The Sanctuary (adult-only open air area)
- SeaWalk (glass-bottomed cantilevered walkway, 18 m/60 ft long)
- Fountain Pool area; Retreat Pool area
- Princess Majestic Sports Central - Center Court (volleyball, basketball, European football); Tennis Tables, Game Lounge virtual gaming, The Greens golf nets, Golfing Cage, Laser Shooting; Jogging Track.